Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 6: Sneak Peek - Heartfelt Friends


Today's sneak peek uses the exclusive stamp set "Heartfelt Friends" from 2RedBananas.com, which will be released on the website February 2nd. I only used one image, but this set had about 6 different images that are all cute and look kind of doodled.

I made my card base out of red CS which I stamped with the heart stamp from Thursday's set "Snowman Love" using Versa Mark ink. I then accented the hearts with a white pen and drew "stitching" along the edges. I punched out a scalloped circle in white and pierced each scallop, then adhered a red CS on top of it, which I also "stitched" with a white pen. I attached the heart ribbon my May Arts to the circle and adhered it to the card. I stamped the frog image with black Staz On ink and colored it with watercolor pencils and a Tombow blender pen. I also used opal Shimmerz on the frog's extremely long tongue and glued on some googly eyes. I used pop dots to adhere the frog to the circles. I stamped the Be Mine sentiment (also from the "Snowman Love" set) with Staz On on the right had side of the card base and adhered a rhinestone heart by K&Company to the upper left corner.

BLOG HOP:

If you're participating in the blog hop, be sure to leave a comment here and go to each design team member's blogs and leave comments there as well. Then go to the 2RedBananas blog and answer the question posted there. Blog candy will be awarded to one randomly selected participant.


I hope you come back tomorrow for the final sneak peek of 2RedBananas.com's exclusive stamps.

12 comments:

  1. I like his eyes and the way you colored him. Is that Matt's Valentine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to combine both stamps sets. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is just too cute with those googly eyes!! I was wishing I had some when I made my cards!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute--I really like how you highlighted the hearts with a white pen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little frog, so far I like all 4 images that are in the set.

    patty
    www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is too, too cute! I love the booglie eyes and the dry embossing in the background. It is fantastic! Great job!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the hearts!!! I makes them look embossed!!!!

    Great card and colors!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real cutie-patootie card...silly frog. I thought the hearts in the background were embossed...neat that they are stamped instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what adorable images!!!! great colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!