Friday, February 27, 2009

Leah's Birthday


Five of my friends (from grade school and high school) and I will all be celebrating (?) our 40th birthdays this year, so I've been making each of them a special card and handmade gift. I've already posted the card I made for my friend Cheryl. I made this card for one of my oldest friends, Leah. I've known her since the 6th grade. That's, what... 28... 29 years.
The card base is brown CS with a block of shiney magenta paper on top. Over that I adhered a block of Pink Armadillo paper from the Paper Studio. The image (Stampin' Up) is stamped on white CS with Staz On jet black ink, colored with watercolor pencils and Stickles. I also adhered a pink rhinestone at each corner of the image. This was circle punched and adhered on a brown CS scalloped circle and pop dotted onto a block of Pink Armadillo paper with rounded corners. The whole shebang was then adhered to the front of the card.
The sentiment (Making Memories) was stamped on a strip of Pink Armadillo paper and adhered to the card front, with a small dotted strip of paper above and below it. There are three rhinestones on the bottom right corner.
The sentiment on the inside is "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" by Satchel Page.


1 comment:

Love to hear what you think!