Monday, March 2, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #27


I made this card for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, which was to make a card using a House Mouse image and chipboard of any kind. I was also inspired by last week's challenge to make a card for Mother's Day (which I participated in by making a card for my mom). I decided to make a card for my mother-in-law, too, who loves to knit.

The card base is Basic Grey DP. The House Mouse image, which is available on 2RedBananas.com, is stamped on white CS and colored with watercolor pencils (Kimberly) and a Tombow blender pen, with some accents on the knitting needles of silver Stardust (Sakura). The image is adhered to a block of yellow Basic Grey paper with a strip of Basic Grey DP above and below it, with three Dewdrops adhered on the upper strip. It is adhered to the upper portion of the card base.
I used a chipboard heart covered with pink Basic Grey DP and pop dotted it onto the lower strip of paper near the image. I also covered a chipboard tag with Basic Grey DP and stamped the sentiment with Making Memories magnetic letter stamps using black Staz On ink. I tied a piece of rick rack through the tag.

12 comments:

  1. This is just sooo cute! I love the colors and I'm sure your MIL will love this card. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun mothers card. Great paper choice and the dew drops are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you were quick!! Love that little sentiment tag with the ric-rac!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really pretty! I love that stamp and your colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - love the layout, papers and colours you've used. That image is so sweet and beautifully coloured - perfect for a 'knitter'.
    Thanks for joining in at HM.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I like the yellows and oranges you used. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Wendy! It turned out so awesome. Susan is going to love this card. I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, and the image is perfect for your MIL since she knits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute, I love this stamp, am sure your MIL will love this :-)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you colored this. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!