Sunday, June 21, 2009

2RB Banana Split Sunday Challenge 16

Today is 2RedBananas' Banana Split Sunday Challenge. Today's challenge is to create a summer project. It can be whatever you want, but it has to have a summery theme. Be sure to go to 2RB's blog for more information, and to see the samples by the DT Bananas, or you can also go directly to their blogs:

Jeanette Fincher
Deb Felts
Jami Bova
Teresa Grau
Cassie Larson
Denise Marzec, Guest DT
Silke Ledlow, Guest DT

For today's challenge I decided to go with a layout. I hadn't done one in a while, and I remembered I had the perfect photos that were summery AND would be perfect to use with 2RB's new June Journaling Spot stamp set.



How perfect is that??? These photos are of Olivia's first time ever eating an ice cream on a stick. We were at the beach on the Gulf and her aunt bought it for her from an ice cream truck (also a first) driving along the beach. It was so hot she couldn't keep up with how fast the ice cream was melting, so she was covered in drips (hence the topless look she's sporting).

The entire layout is made with DP from the White Out Promenade collection by We R Memory Keepers. The letters were cut out of DP with my Cricut. I traced around them with a brown journaling pen after adhereing them to the LO so they would stand out better.

I stamped the June Journaling Spot popsicle image and drips on DP and the sticks on beige CS, then trimmed and paper pieced them together.

This was a fun layout, and I love these photos of Olivia with her salt water soaked hair and drippy ice cream. I hope you'll give this challenge a try yourself.


SUPPLIES USED
Stamps: June Journaling Spot - 2RedBananas
Ink: Saddle Brown - StazOn, brown pen - Zig
Paper: White Out Promenade - We R Memory Keepers
Other: Pink ribbon - American Crafts, ric rak - ?, buttons - Lasting Impressions, letters - Cricut Making the Grade cartridge

5 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet layout Wendy! I love pictures like this! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO AWESOME, Wendy! Wow Wow Wow!! So many fun details to look at....BEAUTIFULLY done, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout!! Seeing all those fantastic letters really makes me want a cricut!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.....I'd LOVE your raisin cookie recipe! My dad goes crazy for anything with raisins, so that would be a nice change to make him something besides the cake (LOL!). Could you email it to me? Thanks, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, what a fun and summery LO!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!