Sunday, January 17, 2010

2RB Banana Split Sunday Challenge

A COLOR CHALLENGE:

This week's 2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday Challenge is to use blue, silver and white on your project. What a great combination - definitely makes me think of winter! We actually had a week of cold weather here in Texas, and it put me in the winter mood. Had a couple fires in the fireplace, made s'mores and everything.
I made a card for this challenge. It has a white CS base and blue CS mat with a block of Frosted DP from the Fancy Pants fancy-free collection. The bare tree stamp is from 2RB's October/November Journaling Spot stamp set, and it was stamped with silver ink, which looked much more silver on the wipe I used to clean my stamp than the cardstock, so I accented it a little with a silver Stardust pen. I used small silver beads/marbles to make the "snow" at the base of the trees.

I loved the chance to make something wintry with this awesome color palette. I hope you'll let these colors inspire you to make something too! Be sure to upload your project on 2RB's blog.

SUPPLIES USED
Stamps: October/November Journaling Spot - 2RedBananas
Ink: silver Ink Dot, silver Stardust pen - Sakura
Paper: assorted cardstock - Bazzil, Frosted - Fancy-Free Collection by Fancy Pants
Other: Silver marbles - ?, snowflake brads - Making Memories

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Wendy! Great use of that tree. I love your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card Wendy. Really like how you stamped that tree.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!