Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


I made this tiny Valentine for my husband, Matt. I used a House Mouse stamp called Lobster Claws (although it reminds me of a crawfish, which is why I ordered it from 2RedBananas.com - if you like House Mouse stamps, be sure to check out this site).
I used a mat from DCWV's matstack pad called The Sweet Stack. I folded it in half with the patterned side on the outside. I stamped the image on cream CS with StazOn Jet Black ink and colored it with watercolor pencils and a Tombow blender pen. (Has anyone noticed this is my only coloring method? I really need to branch out, but these pencils are the only thing I have.) I cut the image out and adhered it to the front of the card. I stamped the "Be Mine" sentiment from 2RedBananas.com's stamp set called Snowman Love in red ink on cream CS and cut it out and adhered it to the front of the card. I also added three red rhinestones to the upper right corner.

The reason I used this particular image for a Valentine's card is because of a reference from the TV show "Friends" where Phoebe referred to Ross as Rachel's lobster because lobsters mate for life. And I like to think of Matt as my lobster. Kind of corny, but I know he'll get it.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute card and a cute story behind the lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I love the story too, Matt's a lucky man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wendy, I bet Matt loved his Valentine Card! It turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Great reference to Friends...we do that a lot in our house too! :) Such a cute Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lobster valentine. Very original and cute.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!