Friday, February 13, 2009

My Crafty 4 Year Old



My 4-year-old daughter and I were making Valentine's Day cards this week. This first one I made using 2RedBananas.com's stamp set, "Heartfelt Friends." I used a pre-made gate-fold card from DCWV and on each flap I adhered a block of DP from DCWV The Sweet Stack. I tied a ribbon around the left-hand flap. On the right hand flap I used a pop dot to adhere a piece of CS stamped with a sentiment from Inkadinkado and three rhinestones. I stamped the 2RedBananas.com snake on white CS with StazOn ink and colored it with watercolors and a Tombow blender pen. I accented the snake with a white pen and some Shimmerz. I also added googly eyes. I cut out the image and matted it on another piece of DP from The Sweet Stack. I then adhered it on the left-hand flap with pop dots.




The second card was "made" by my daugher, Olivia. It has a cream CS base with a block of The Sweet Stack DP adhered to the front. The same 2RedBananas.com snake stamp was stamped in StazOn on white CS. Olivia colored the snake with colored pencils from IKEA and added eyelashes with a black journaling pen and googly eyes. It was matted on pink CS that was trimmed with a scalloped border punch along the bottom. This was then adhered to the front of the card with pop dots. The sentiment was stamped directly on the DP and has a rhinestone period.

We had a lot of fun making these. She actually colored 16 snakes for her friends at school and some relatives. She loves to make things. When she's crafting she says she is "doing her work."

3 comments:

  1. How cute are these!!! I just love Olivia's eyelashes! And I love how you accented yours with the white pen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia cracks me up! I love the card she worked so hard on. Hope to see her and you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your daughter did a great job. love the google eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!