Sunday, March 22, 2009

2RB Banana Split Sunday Challenge No. 3


Here we are again with another 2RedBananas.com Banana Split Sunday Challenge. The challenge this week is to use the picture posted on the 2RB blog, called "The Banana Thief" as inspiration to create something yourself. Please visit the 2RB blog to see the inspiration picture and for additional information on participating in the challenge.
When I saw the inspiration picture the first thing that struck me was the vibrant colors and then the Spanish flavor to it. So that's what I went with.
The card base is orange CS with a block of K&Company Wild Saffron DP adhered to it. The strip of DP is the reverse side of the K&Co. DP and it is adhered across the lower part of the card. It is stamped with a quote from 2RB's stamp set called "Quotes," which was stamped with jet black StazOn ink. I used five different Prima flowers and stacked them all together with a button in the center and adhered them to the upper right corner of the card. There are also two faux suede leaves byMay Arts peeking out from under the flowers. At the upper left corner I adhered three small buttons.

I really enjoyed making this card. The bright colors of the inspiration picture were so energizing. I hope you'll play along and be inspired too.

2 comments:

  1. very pretty Wendy. I love those layered flowers with the suede leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flowers. It's fun we both used the same quote and our cards are so different.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!