Sunday, March 29, 2009

2RB Banana Split Sunday Challenge No. 4


It’s Banana Split Sunday Challenge with 2RedBananas.com! This week’s challenge is to use some kind of gem, jewel, pearl, dew drop, etc. on a card, layout, or whatever kind of paper creation you want to do. Please stop by the 2RB blog and check out the challenge.

I decided to go with a layout this week, instead of a card. I am so hopelessly behind in my scrapbooking. I’m trying to do a year-of-firsts album for my baby (who turned 1 a couple weeks ago), and this layout is for her album.

I used Making Memories DP from the Chloe’s Closet collection as the background. It was so cute I didn’t really need to do much to it. I adhered pearls to the center of each flower on the paper. A mat made of Chloe’s Closet DP was adhered to the background paper and a piece of double-sided ribbon was wrapped across both pieces and tied in a bow, then the photo was adhered to the mat. The title and little journal strip were printed on cream CS, trimmed and adhered to the layout. The title was first matted on a piece of Chloe’s Closet DP that was trimmed with scallop edged scissors. I also used Making Memories’ magnetic date stamp to add the date to the lower right corner with Chalk Ink.

I hope you’ll stop by 2RB’s blog and play along with us.

6 comments:

  1. What a precious page. Those dew drops add the perfect touch don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sweet Wendy! Your bow is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the sweetest ever! I love that beautiful paper, and the dew drops and variegated ribbon are the perfect accents. It is feminine and lovely without being the traditional baby pink! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Kate is so cute! The pearls add a soft touch to the flowers. Very sweet layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy - thank you for the kind comment on my blog. This is such a sweet layout and love the DP you used. Kate is beautiful and I wish her a belated happy 1st birthday - kids grow up way too fast, don't they? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet page, and sweet baby!! Love that paper and how you arranged your layout to use the images in it!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think!